Innovation is a buzzword that gets thrown around a lot. It sounds great when you are trying to impress your boss during your 10 o’clock meeting, but it’s rare that the term is actually embraced and recognized for what it truly means. At SportsArt, innovation is at the core of everything we do.
SportsArt has been in business since 1977, which means we’ve faced our fair share of challenges. The fitness industry is constantly in motion, racing to keep up with the needs/interests of consumers, workout fads, and technological advancements. In order to stay at the forefront of this ever-changing industry, we work in a constant state of progression that has allowed us to innovate in a variety of categories.
SportsArt proudly holds over 100 US and international patents…and counting! Here are the strides we’ve made innovating in all major product categories:
- Adjustable stride length: Offers superior workout customization to fit all sizes of users.
- Fingertip control: Allows users to change their workout stride and intensity with convenience from their handles.
- MyFlex™ pedal cushioning system: improves shock absorption by 30% and delivers a proportional cushioning effort to all users, regardless of weight.
- Step-through design: A low profile design that allows virtually all users, even deconditioned users, the ability to easily get on the products.
- Comfort-Dri™ reclining seat back: A vented seat back which offers lumbar support and cooling airflow to help sweat evaporate.
- ECO-Drive™: A revolutionary energy saving system that allows our motors to operate at full capacity with 32% less electricity than industry standard AC and DC motors.
- MyFlex™ Plus : Deck cushioning system that uses the same single molimer as race car suspension systems to improve shock absorption by 30% while continuing to hold consistently, regardless of time or the user’s weight.
- FlowTec™ : Our motor cooling and cleaning system which distributes air throughout the motor to efficiently cool internal components while also cleaning, picking up 80% of particles that get deposited under the hood.
- Step-Through Design: Designed with a convenient “walkway” through the center of the unit so as to easily access the seat.
- Independent Upper Arm: On machines like our XT20, the arms move independently of the pedals for a greater full body workout and training variability.
- Bidirectional Resistance: Moving arms, on units like our Upper Body Ergometer, can be operated in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions to fit all rehabilitation and strength training needs.
- Fingertip Control On 270° Rotating Handles: Our XT20 handles can rotate 270 degrees to fit what is the most comfortable angle for a user, handles also include control buttons for both upper and lower body segments for easy workout adjustments.
- DirectDrive™ : Dual function strength series that incorporates a dual cam system which allows for easy exercise changeover, less cable slack, and unparalleled ergonomics through full ranges of motion.
One of our proudest innovations of recent years is the creation of our ECO-POWR™ line of cardio products, which promote the green movement in the fitness industry. Our mission to continuously develop and evolve everything we do includes not only a high level of quality in our equipment but an ambition to do so in sustainable ways wherever possible. This is what inspired the creation of our revolutionary built in micro-inverters, which harness the human energy generated during a workout and convert it into utility-grade electricity. This innovation was the first of its kind, allowing energy to be returned to the grid simply by plugging our equipment into any standard power outlet. The results include lowering facilities’ carbon footprints, offsetting utility costs, and contributing to the global mission of sustainability.
SportsArt’s culture of innovation is one of the many reasons we are confident in our ability to continue to grow and thrive in the fitness industry. Be sure to keep an eye out for our latest innovative releases that are just around the corner, including some amazing additions to our ECO-POWR™ product line, some of which will be showcased at the Athletic Business Conference 2017. Drop by booth #915 to see ‘watts next,’ as we’re sure to shake up the industry yet again!